Usborne Books & More Consultants help get great books into the hands of kids by coordinating a variety of programs including: in home Book Looks for parents, facebook parties, school and library services, book fairs, 50% matching grant program (Literacy for a Lifetime) and reading incentive programs (Reach for the Stars). We also have a unique Cards for a Cause fundraising program.
If you’re ready to launch your business right away, click here to see the starter kit options.
We earn 17 – 25% commission, depending on the type of sale (see below), plus sales bonus & recruiting bonus, then as a Team Leader, an additional override on group sales volume. The company covers the cost of free Usborne and Kane/Miller Books to the hostesses and organizations.
Type of Sale and Commission Earned
- Book Look (aka book party) – 25%, plus free books for hostess
- Web Sales & E-shows* – 25%
- Book Fairs and Reach for the Stars – 17%, free books for the school/organization
- Literacy for a Lifetime (50% matching grant program) – 17%, plus 50% free books to school or organization
- E-Fairs* – 17%, plus free books to school or organization
- School and Library Sales – 25% (must be a certified Educational Consultant to work this market**)
- Cards for a Cause – greeting card fundraiser – 10% commission
* Usborne Consultant starter kits include the first 6 months of e-commerce website service. CLICK HERE to see a demo of the site. The orders are sent by UPS to customers directly from the Home Office. Your commission is paid via direct deposit every Wednesday.
** Educational Consultant certification is required to call on schools K-12 and public libraries. To get your certification, simply purchase the EC kit, become familiar with the materials about taking purchase orders, policies & listing procedures, cataloging products, etc. and complete the online EC Quiz (www.ECOnlineQuiz.com).
Personal Sales Bonus
Earn 4%* of total sales in personal sales bonus, every month your sales reach $1000+
* (Personal Sales Bonus is paid on Book Look, Web and School & Library Sales only)
New Usborne Consultant Books and Awards! (in addition to commissions and bonuses)
DOUBLE MERCHANDISE ALLOWANCE
During your first 12 weeks, you may give DOUBLE FREE BOOKS (merchandise allowance) to up to 20 hostesses with home show orders of $250+ and at least one booking. It is okay to be your own hostess, too, getting the consultant commission AND the hostess benefits. Click here for Double Free Books pdf chart.
“WRITE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY” Incentives to earn in your first 12 weeks
Step 1 – $1000 in 30 days = earn your Success Kit* #1 AND 1/2 price kit refund! You are now a “Success Bound” Consultant!
Step 2 – $2000 in 30 days = FULL kit refund, Do this within your first 12 weeks PLUS sponsor one new Consultant = earn Success Kit #2 (*additional titles and supplies also valued at $50)
Step 3 – $3250 and sponsor two new Consultants in first 12 weeks = $100 in free books of your choice!
Step 4 – $4500 and sponsor two new Consultants in first 12 weeks = $100 cash bonus!
In Addition – for every new Consultant you sponsor during your first 12 weeks, YOU receive $25 in free books!
The Next Chapter…Promote To Team Leader
Express Success Promotion – Promote to Team Leader during your Incentive Period (by the 1st of the month following your incentive date) and receive $300 in free books of your choice PLUS $200 cash!
Plus you’ll get recognition at Convention!
What’s required to Promote to Team Leader?
- You need to have sponsored three Success Bound Consultants* on your team
- For two consecutive months you need $1000 in personal sales
- For two consecutive months your team needs $2750 in sales (includes your 1000)
- Submit Leader/Supervisor Application to the Home Office by the 15th of the month prior to promotion
What do I earn when I promote to Team Leader?
- $100 Cash
- 1000 points for the current travel contest
- an 8.5% override on your group’s net sales (including your personal sales) each month going forward!
Leader Story Continued… Maintain $2750 in group sales and $1000 in personal sales for each of your first three months as Team Leader & have sponsored 5 personal Success Bound recruits by the end of your 3rd month as a Leader and earn an additional $500 cash bonus!
And there is much more! Our home office offers many wonderful incentives to help us grow our business to be profitable and fun while helping kids learn!
There are also…
- monthly Home Office Challenges & Incentives
- AWESOME TRAVEL AWARDS (Hawaii, Rome, Mayan Riviera, Costa Rica, etc.)
- and special contests by announcement from the home office
These are available to brand new Consultants, and experienced Consultants alike.
Additional Leader Earnings (in addition to commissions noted above)
Sales Bonus – 4% Sales Bonus on home show, direct sales, school & library sales, and web orders each month these sales are at least $1000
Central Group – 8.5% override for central group sales. This includes all your personally sponsored team members and their recruits and their recruits and so on, excluding those who promote out of your central group. It also includes that 8.5% additional on your own personal sales, in addition to your commission.
1st Level Breakaway groups – 5.5% override on Facebook/Home Parties and School and Library sales, 2.75% on Book Fairs. When someone in your central group promotes to Leader, then they and their entire group are now your first level. You can have an unlimited number of first level groups.
2nd Level Breakaway groups – 4% override on Facebook/Home Parties and School and Library sales, 2% on Book Fairs. When someone in your first level breakaway promotes to Leader, then they and their entire group are now your second level. You can have an unlimited number of second level groups.
3rd Level Breakaway groups – If you have at least three 1st level Team Leaders and one 3rd level Team Lead, then you are an Executive Team Leader and are eligible for 1% override on your 3rd level groups during any month that your executive group sells $25,000 in Home/Facebook Parties and School and Library sales, .5% on Book Fairs. When someone in your second level promotes to Leader, then they and their entire group are now your third level. You can have an unlimited number of third level groups.
Promotion Levels Include:
Senior Team Leader
Executive Team Leader
Senior Executive Team Leader and… Director
The Usborne Books and More business is a flexible, fun, family friendly home based business that helps promote literacy. If you’d like to learn more, Email Cathy or call Cathy toll free 1-888-305-2120. I’m happy to help. If you’re ready to get started, you can order your starter kit online today.
FAQs about the Usborne Business