There are so many super grants out there for libraries, schools and organizations to help provide great books for kids to read.
Below are just a few of the grant sources I have found. Please feel free to reply and post the ones you know of that aren’t on this list!
- NEA – Books Across America – http://www.nea.org/grants/18596.htm
- Verizon Literacy Grants – http://foundation.verizon.com/grant/guidelines.shtml
- Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy – http://www.barbarabushfoundation.com/site/c.jhLSK2PALmF/b.4344531/k.BD31/Home.htm
- Laura Bush Foundation for America’s Libraries – http://www.laurabushfoundation.org
- Reading First Grants – http://www.ed.gov/programs/readingfirst/index.html
- Literacy for a Lifetime – 50% matching grant for books from EDC Publishing (Usborne and Kane/Miller Books) – www.LiteracyForALifetime.org
- Beyond Words – grants for libraries affected by natural disasters -http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/aasl/aaslawards/beyondwords/disasterrelief.cfm
- Dollar General Store grants for Youth and Family Literacy – http://www.dollargeneral.com/servingothers/Pages/GrantPrograms.aspx
- Lowe’s Toolbox for Education Grants – build a special reading area or remodel your library – http://www.toolboxforeducation.com/
for a big listing of even more grants for all types of projects and purposes in K-12 schools visit www.grantwrangler.com